About two weeks ago I put John Ross in the bath right when he woke up because he had missed his nightly bath. As soon as I put him in, he started looking like he was going to go to the bathroom. I didn't want to ruin a good warm bath, so I plopped my seven month old on the potty! And...he went poo poo on the potty for the first time! I was pretty excited, one less diaper we waste!!!! So, we got a toddler toilet seat that fits on the regular toilet (thanks Mimi and Grampa) and he has gone to bathroom on the toilet every morning since then! I didn't plan to do this, I just have a VERY regular child that goes every morning when he wakes up! The best part of it is if he goes poo poo and pee pee, like this morning, then he gets about an hour diaper free! I put his pajama bottoms back on him this morning to go play and his little bottom in those shorts was so cute!!!! (maybe TMI, unless you know what I am talking about!) A seven month old looks super cute going the bathroom on the potty, But that is TMI so no pictures!!! I will let you know in the future if this helps with potty training.
Also, I think John Ross reached for me for the first time today. I put him down and he looked up at me and reached for me!!! Who could pass up those sweet little arms?


2 comments:
that's great! we are "potty learning" now, its FUN! sounds like john ross will be easy learner! :)
Go John Ross! I witnessed it once while I was visiting, and I am happy you are still doing it. You are one smart little boy!!
Post a Comment