Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

In such moments
Summer becomes winter
Blue turns gray
Birds go silent
And we pray
A mother and father hold tight
A sister begs for a baby's strong fight
Nurses hold back tears
Waiting rooms which house grandfathers and uncles become filled with fears
God brings unity destined to be there
A collective group that give their life saving care
Thoughts turn to promises pledged among springtime flowers
Made beautiful with soft and gentle showers
Two grandmothers crawl towards each other
Their hearts now joined for ONE
The love in their tears allow heaven to weave a brilliant rainbow in the sun
And the sky turns blue
For YOU
John Ross, you earned your name this day
God blessed you with the breath of life
And a turn to play
As you learn and grow
May you always know
That you live in the glow
of a God given Rainbow
~written by Grammy~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY JOHN ROSS!!! What a sweet poem your Grammy wrote for you!

Jenn Harrison said...

Happy B-Day little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay you have a one year old! I'm sooo excited that I get to see him (and you!) this weekend!!! :) I can't wait to get hugs from the whole family!
Love you!

Terri said...

John Ross, It is hard to believe that one year has passed since the day that you came into this world!! We can't express in words how precious you are to Mimi and Grandpa. Your smile and arms reaching toward us melts our hearts. We love you so much and know that God has big plans for your future.
Hugs and kisses,
Mimi and Grandpa

Amy B said...

Happy birthday, John Rossy Pooh! And happy birthing day to you, Lindsay!!

Bethany said...

Happy Belated Birthday, John Ross! Man, has it already been a year!? I'm so excited for all your adventures yet to come!

Unknown said...

I love you John Ross.......Happy, Happy birthday. I thank God for you each and every day

Lindsay and Lee...you have done and are doing a beautiful job raising a beautiful boy. God Bless your family more and more!

Grammy